If you happen to suffer from chronic pain due to an underlying health condition, then you would know that doctors can only help so much. Normal prescription drugs may not work especially if the chronic pain is due to an underlying health condition which cannot be treated at the moment. But the good news is that you can now opt for medical marijuana to help you combat several diseases including chronic pain, Alzheimer’s and others successfully. Just take a look at how it works wonders, on those who need it.
- Medical marijuana: Since some states have legalized medical marijuana, you can apply for a medical marijuana card with your local doctor, state your case and once you receive the card, you can then apply to all the local medical marijuana pharmacies to get the required medication. One of the reasons that medical marijuana is so effective is on account of the fact that it contains more than 100 different chemicals called cannabinoids. Some varieties may contain specific cannabinoids in higher concentration but all of them enable you to fight off the debilitating effects of chronic pain as well as other health conditions. Just search online for “cannabis flavored e liquid” and this should help point you to more than a few local stores.
- Usages: While it is true that marijuana was and is still used for recreational purposes, which does not take away the fact that it is quite effective in overcoming some of the debilitating symptoms of certain health conditions. It is used to treat various conditions such as Glaucoma, chronic pain attacks, PTSD, Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis, muscle spasms and more. Of course, a medical marijuana pharmacist is not going to hand the drug over to you right away; they would check your card and confirm your diagnosis with your doctor as well as the dosage. And you would be provided with medical marijuana in the form of weed flavored e-liquid after this.
- The process: research has shown that cannabinoids relate to some of the primitive chemicals that the brain releases when faced with a certain situation. And that one of the reasons it works so effectively against chronic pain is for this same reason. But as the FDA had recently stated, more research needs to be done and more comprehensively, to study the long term impact of medical marijuana use on the human body.
- Seizures: One of the reasons that Medical marijuana received so much attention in the last few years was its efficacy in dealing with seizures. More than a few patients, and most of them young children suffered from uncontrollable seizures which prevented them from enjoying a normal life. But thanks to medical marijuana, they are able to control the seizures to the bare minimum and as a result, are able to enjoy a sense of normalcy which they could not earlier on.
- How to take it: There are various ways for your body to ingest medical marijuana. You can smoke it, as with a normal cigarette but rolled around, with weed inside it. You can also use weed flavored e-liquids and use a vaporizer to heat it, or you could place a few drops of the liquid under your tongue for quick absorption. You can also bake a few marijuana-laced brownies but it may be a little harder to estimate the correct dosage with the same.
These are some of the facts that you may want to consider regarding medical marijuana. The first thing that you need to determine is whether your state has legalized it or not. And in case your state has indeed legalized it, then you need to consult your doctor to find out if your current health condition makes you eligible for medical marijuana. And after you get the required recommendation from your doctor, you can apply to the local medical marijuana pharmacies and obtain your medication.